The School of Education, Tel Aviv University (Israel) in collaboration with the European Association for Developmental Psychology (EADP) are pleased to invite you to attend the coming International Conference on "Developmental Psychology and Prevention" to be held in the "truly diverse 21st-century Mediterranean hub" - Tel Aviv-Jaffa.
Prevention Science is a vibrant and growing field of study that pursue the prevention of maladaptive behaviors alongside the promotion of positive development. As such, Prevention Science is much related to those fields that explore the development of maladaptive behavior (e.g., Developmental Psychopathology) as well to those fields that explore the normative and positive development of children and youth (e.g., Developmental Psychology). However, the connectedness between Prevention Science and Developmental Psychology are still relatively under-studied. Hence, the Conference goals are:
To promote mutual awareness of scholars in the fields of Developmental Psychology and Prevention Science, regarding the relationships between these two domains.
To explore possible channels to mutually enrich models, theories and interventions.
To foster future research collaborations on children's and adolescents' positive development.
October 8– 10, 2018
Co-Chair: Prof. Moshe Israelashvili, School of Education, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Co-Chair: Prof. Michal Al-Yagon, School of Education, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Prof. Michal Al-Yagon, School of Education, Tel Aviv University, Israel (Chair)
- Prof. Dorit Aram, School of Education, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Dr. Naama Atzaba-Poria, Department of Psychology, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Prof. Ester Cohen, School of Education, The Hebrew University and IDC Herzliya, Israel
- Prof. Pinhas Danon, School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Dr. Ella Daniel, School of Education, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Prof. Yossi Harel-Fisch, School of Education, Bar Ilan University, Israel and Israel Anti-Drugs Authority
- Prof. Ersilia Menesini, Department of Psychology, Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
- Prof. Yisrael Rich, School of Education, Bar Ilan University and Orot College, Israel
- Prof. Katariina Salmela-Aro, Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Miri Scharf, Faculty of Education, Haifa University, IsraelConference Venue
- Prof. Marcel Van Aken, Department of Psychology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Prof. Kobi Yablon, School of Education, Bar Ilan University, Israel